We offer a range of workshops and training for individuals and organisations. Some of the legal education services we offer include:
- Tailored workshops: We can tailor workshops to your community group; on Māori land, domestic violence, employment law and many other legal topics.
- Education in Te Reo Māori: Our Pou Whirinaki team can deliver education in te reo Māori at your local marae or kaupapa Māori group.
- Governance and Te Tiriti o Waitangi: We also run education targeted at governance and managers of community groups such as Treaty of Waitangi training and understanding charity law.
- In your suburb: We regularly arrange talks at local outreach clinic locations.
Community Advocacy Training
Community Law holds regular half-day workshops on essential kaupapa for Community Workers, arming you with the legal knowledge you need to advocate for your clients effectively. These workshops blend the legal basics with their practical application, offering the expertise of guest speakers working in the sector.
- Fridays 9.30am – 1.30pm
- $40 per workshop
- Elder law: Friday 20th July in Lower Hutt at the Walter Nash Centre, Taita
- This month we are turning our attention to the legal rights and needs of our elders! We’re bringing in some experts to share the great work of Age Concern, and demystify Enduring Powers of Attorney, Wills, and succession of Māori Land. Come along and upskill with fellow community workers and social justice advocates.
- Disability law: Friday 21st September in Wellington at St Johns in the City
- Homelessness: Friday 16th November in Lower Hutt at the Walter Nash Centre, Taita
Book your place now – email Rosie@wclc.org.nz